Landscaping is a Good Investment for Your Calgary Home
Beyond the “wow factor,” well-executed landscaping can significantly increase your home’s value in Calgary. The well-placed hosta plants, blooming hydrangeas, and the snazzy stone walkway you invest in now can produce a solid return on your money later. Not to mention, make your outdoor living space even more enjoyable now and for as long as you plan on living there.
The key is choosing a landscape design that is impressive, attractive and, most of all, easy to maintain.
Five ways to add value and beauty to your landscaping:
1. Ponds, waterfalls, and streams add to the tranquility and peacefulness of natural surroundings. As an added bonus, if you live in a high traffic area the bubbling and gurgling sound water features make can help mask city noises.
2. Easy maintenance gardens are a must. People want to enjoy their garden space, not be a slave to it. Homeowners today don’t want a huge lawn to mow, or extensive gardens to tend to every weekend. Most people view large perennial gardens as an issue, not an asset. Turn to professional landscapers in Calgary who know how to create a garden that is low maintenance and well presented.
3. Retaining walls and terraces look beautiful and boost curb appeal. They can also reclaim heavily sloped yards that are hard to mow or that have ground cover that is hard to tame. Retaining walls also add a splash of colour and texture to vast stretches of green on your property.
4. Decks are low-to-no-maintenance landscape options. Decks last 20 to 25 years and see a return of 10% to 15%, depending on the design and materials chosen. These days homeowners want fully furnished outdoor living/dining spaces, so bigger is better when it comes to decks. The caveat is that they need to be well designed, well executed, and, like gardens, low maintenance. A professional landscape architect in Calgary should be called in to help with the design.
5. Hardscaping with natural stone or concrete stones helps define garden spaces and pathways. Often used around living and dining patios, hardscaping can bring an ROI of 12% and last 35 years or more. Hardscaping is also used to create an appealing transition between driveways, walkways, and doorways.
Are you looking for landscaping companies in Calgary?
With over 25 years of experience in all facets of landscaping, the expert landscapers at Sungreen Landscaping are well-equipped to follow through on your unique plans and add more value to your home. For more information or to request a consultation, contact us today!